What is the meaning of the word “Quran”?
The Word Quran refers to the holy book of the Islamic religion. It is the religious text of Islam. Al Quran is the word of God dictated to Muhammad by the archangel Gabriel. Quran isn’t an English word but an Arabic one. The root word for “Quran” is Iqr’a (read, in Arabic language). Quran is literally meaning the recitation. The word meaning of the Quran also includes reading with understanding and learning.
“Quran”is the first name by which the sacred text of Islam was called. The book of God Almighty was called “Quran” as it contains in its folds the stories and the news, the promises and warnings, the orders and prohibitions. It also collects verses and surahs together.
In conclusion, definition of Quran can be known as
The word of God, revealed by God to the prophet ,miraculous in its vocabulory ,by its recitation Allah is worshipped and its opened with surah AlFatiha and ended with Surah AL Nas.
Characteristics of the holy Quran:
The noble Quran has characteristics that made it the most important and last of the divine books:
1) Preserved in the chests :
Allah almighty has undertaken the preservation of the noble Quran and ordered the Ummah to preserve it by memorization .
As Quran is transmitted in succession by being memorized by many Muslims.
2) Including the absolute truth :
The suras of the holy Quran state in its verse the absolute truth without any doubt. Allāh almighty says describing his dear book:
(2) This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allāh –- Literally, “those who have taqwā,” i.e., who have piety, righteousness, fear and love of Allāh, and who take great care to avoid His displeasure.”
3) Abu Umama said he heard Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) say: Recite the Qur’an, for on the Day of Resurrection it will come as an intercessor for those who recite It. Recite the two bright ones, al-Baqara and Surah Al ‘Imran, for on the Day of Resurrection they will come as two clouds or two shades, or two flocks of birds in ranks, pleading for those who recite them. Recite Surah al-Baqara, for to take recourse to it is a blessing and to give it up is a cause of grief, and the magicians cannot confront it. (Mu’awiya said: It has been conveyed to me that here Batala means magicians.)
4) Facilitating its memorization and recitation :
The almighty made his book easy for his faithful servants to memorize, read and meditate on its verses.
Allah SWT says :
(17) And We have certainly made the Qur’ān easy for remembrance, so is there any who will remember?”
Translation of the Quran :
Religion of Islam is a universal religion so the boøk of Islam ,the Koran ,has been translated to many languages to make it easy for Muslims around the world to understand quranic sentences. English language is worldwide so there are many translations of the Quran published in English. Alot of Muslims use the English translation to understand the meanings of the Arabic words. Interpreters must be honest and translate Quran word by word with caution.
Meanings of the Arabic word differ from any other language as Arabic is so rich ,strong and expressive so interpretation of the meaning is the essential and most important thing not just word for word English translation. There is also PDF copies of the Koran on the internet so every Muslim can download one and recite the Quran anywhere. In our sacred scripture you can search for the answers for every matter in the life. Reciting the holy Quran charges our souls and gives us energy filled with Iman,faith, to overcome the obstacles facing us. The meanings lying in the letters of the Quran enlightens our minds and show the answers to our existence secret. The thirty chapters of the Quran carry the meaning of everything found in the whole universe. Muslims should learn more about the Qur’ān and believe in its ability to correct the course of their lives. We should be eager to study it in every possible way and online lessons have made it possible to many people. The companions of the messenger used to meditate it and apply what they learn step by step, So the Qur’an changed them
Finally, Bein Quran hand-picks only the best tutors to guide our students through their learning trip with us. Therefore we select each Quran teacher and Arabic teacher carefully. In addition, all of them are super qualified. Moreover, they are very honest tutors. So let us introduce them to you and learn more about our courses Learn Quran or Arabic Language Courses
Bien Quran is a leading online Quran academy, take the step today and join our Quran and Tajweed classes online. we made it easy for you.